- Going out in summer means you are getting out for a sun tan.
- Sun tan on your back can ruin your backless dress.
- Increased melanin makes your skin look darker.
Summers always create this dilemma of choosing between fashion and the ugly suntan. I recently bought this cute off-shoulder top but I cannot wear it because I don’t want suntanned shoulders. Sun tanning is quite a common issue that people suffer in summers. If you are getting out in sun without covering your hands, feet, legs, you surely will get burnt in sun. The harmful UV rays can produce a large amount of melanin in your skin, making it look darker.
Now, there are many natural ways to remove suntan from face, which are quite simple but when it comes to the rest of body, the task becomes tougher as we neglect some body parts, such as back, neck, upper arms etc. they get sun tanned most often and do not receive proper care. The suntan on these body parts can actually ruin your off-shoulder, backless or micro sleeved dresses or tops.
If you wish to get rid of tan from entire body, you can try out these simple yet natural home remedies.
Lemon contains bleaching properties that allows it to reduce melanin.
- Just take a lemon and rub it on the sun tanned skin before going to sleep and wash of the next morning. Doing this just for one week can help you lighten your skin colour.
- You can also squeeze out lemon juice and mix some sugar in it. With this mixture, you don’t just get rid of sun tan but also eliminate dead skin cells.
- Doing this for just one week can help you get rid of suntan in a week.
Just like lemon, tomato can help you reduce melanin in your skin and make it look brighter.
- You can cut a tomato in half and rub it over your sun tanned skin.
- Rubbing tomato juice to your neck, upper arms and back can lighten the colour.
Gram flour will not only lighten the sun tanned skin but will help you get rid of the dead skin, leaving you with smoother and softer skin.
- Just take some gram flour and mix it in some water to get a smooth consistency. You can add a few drops of lemon juice in it.
- Apply it on the affected areas, leave for half an hour and then rub off.
Now, all of the above tips are easier when it is about the hands, legs and other parts of body that are easily reachable but when it comes to back, these natural ways to remove sun tan might fall short.
In that case, you can try the below mentioned ways to remove tanning.
- Take a bucket full of water and add some lemons in it and boil the water. Let the water cool down to room temperature.
- Bathe with this water. Let the water sit on your skin for some minutes.
- Regular bathing with this lemon soaked water will help you lighten your skin in a week.
Read more in Beauty and Personal Care.
For more such stories, Download Onlymyhealth App.
Written by: Onlymyhealth Staff Writer
Source: Onlymyhealth editorial team May 25, 2017